Friday, August 14, 2009

Day off and Preparation

Friday is always a day of rest for our Marathon training. It's also the day that I think about Saturdays' long run about 5 times an hour. I think about whether or not I'll be able to finish and hope that I don't get injured or pass out. It's also when I plan what I'm going to eat on the run and when I should stop to drink. This Saturday we are going to run 15 miles. I can't believe it even as I type this. The plan is to meet at our spot at 5:30 am because tomorrow is going to be a hot one. We also don't want to get caught up with the Air and Water Show. When we have long runs I usually get up about 1 hour and 15 minutes before the run so I have time to eat something (right now a packet of oatmeal and a banana) and have a cup of coffee. I wake Kris up and he eats and goes back to bed. I'm usually on the couch relegated to watching a P90X infomercial. I don't think Darren eats before he runs? I'm just going to keep my eye on our plan to eat breakfast at Sarks in the Park .We walk by it on our way home after every long run and it has a sign saying "world's best breakfast." I always crave pancakes after we run and Darren starts listing some gross junk food and I have read that they have both!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the three of you running on the beach! Oh, and I also like the handle bars!;)

Anonymous said...

Looking good, just don't use the Orton mustache.