Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Conflicts of interest . . .

I'm using this first post of mine as a defense of my training habits. As you can tell from Starr and Kris' bevy of words, I tend to not take care of myself and would rather sacrifice a good night's sleep and a nice, hot meal for a Delirium Tremens (both liquid and physical), a basket of wings and two hours of sleep. And in an effort to be transparent, they are telling the truth.

Although my interests conflict with the training, I have, pretty much, kept up a consistent, and, cross your fingers, injury-free, running schedule. There is no way I would have been able to do as much running if it weren't for Starr and Kris, but I did start the training process a little earlier than them on my own (and on a track . . . yuck), and I haven't compromised the main goal at hand: to train for a marathon without giving up my habits. The reason for this goal is simple. If I can train and complete the marathon (without killing myself) and still enjoy the summer (and drink like a fish), then ANYONE can do it. For reals!

Just think of me doing all of this for YOU. My own little experiment for all to see. Hey, it was either run a marathon or practice all summer on perfecting a Strike Out.

So yeah, I did pretty much crap my pants last Saturday, and most of the time, I am still a little tipsy (sorry mom) on the super long runs, but I have finished all of them. I did have a self-intervention on Sunday though, where I decided to use September as the "month of cleansing."

It probably won't happen. Whatever.

No comments: