Today was a beautiful day for a morning run. All three of us were on the road at 6:15 for a very nice 4 miler. It was just about 70 degrees and not much humidity which is rare for an August morning in Chicago. I am having a little hamstring pain but I think it's due to the fact that Kris and I went to my mom's on Saturday after the 16 miler and had to take a long hike to the beach carrying a LOT of stuff and a big hairy dog. Or maybe it was the beach volleyball or perhaps the bike trip back from the beach where I rode behind the bumper of the pick up truck that was carrying my niece (she was loving that I could keep up). Take your pick!
Kris met me for lunch today and he had a big smile on his face! He let me know he bought "us" (really me) the garmin running watch. We had talked about this and said we could find some other things to spend that money on (ummmm, like the dog that was in my dream last night from the Caesar dog food commercial)but he found a great deal on ebay! I'm pretty excited because it tracks how far and how fast you have run using GPS; the same system Garmin uses for their car GPS. This will solve all of my problems about worrying if we have gone far enough. Also, I won't be asking Darren every half hour how far we've gone according to his Nike Plus. I had to lay off of this during the poop run for his benefit. Darren can now stop guilting Jeff T. into giving us his because he never uses it. Tomorrow morning is an 8 miler and it's usually the most difficult run of the week; D and I talked about taking the day off when we have our weekday 10 miler. I'm surprised nobody commented on the poop post. We would love to hear your thoughts! Oh, a big shout out to our friend Sam W. who is celebrating a Birthday today. Wooohhooo!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment