Friday, August 21, 2009

Freaky Friday

So, I ran about 3 miles last night on the treadmill and understand now why people call it the "dreadmill." I started my training on the contraption back in May and now I don't think I can ever go back. I missed the great outdoors! You know, that fresh CTA exhaust, the stinky smelly alley my CVS on Fullerton that D and I always remind each other to hold our breaths when we run by (I gagged once), and the stop lights on the way to the lake! I think I'll resort to the indoor track during the next weather problem. Kris ran inside on the track at the gym and said it did the job. I haven't talked to D yet but we'll be speaking later to plot out the big 1-6. Yep, that's 16 miles tomorrow morning.

I'm not dreading this run as much as the 15 miler. I actually am feeling pretty confident. I think that I was focus sing on that 15 miler so much from day 1 of training (as in, "the day I try to run 15 miles could be the day I die") that I'm finally feeling like I can possibly doe this. Not that it's not on my mind! I'm just a little less freaked out on this Friday and maybe only think about it every other hour.

Has everyone seen the news about that "maybe not a woman" who won the women's 800 meters at the World Championship this week? I don't know what to think. She didn't break the record or anything so it's not like she ran a man's time, but she does look, well, manly. I feel so sorry for her! I think she and her family at least think she's a she and have raised her that way and now, who knows! How horrible would it be if they had to do these lab tests on everyone before you entered a sporting event? "Please remove your sports bra and proceed to the men's washroom." The news this morning said 1 out of every 2000 people have some differences in their genes that could lead to non traditional male/female biological sexes. Just something to think about on this Freaky Friday :). No running today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great day to run the double Ocho!

Starr said...

it was a great day! nice and cool