I think everyone was a little grumpy for this mornings 8 miler. Maybe grumpy isn't the right word, perhaps more like, "lets get this fricking hour and a half run over with because I have to get to work and get through another Wednesday." Not a lot of chatting going on and I almost took Kris's head off when he questioned how far we should go on our route. I told him later I was just trying to put one foot in front of the other because I felt like I had cement blocks on my feet. I think I started feeling ok around mile 6. I also have this fear that I'm going to get home and check our run and realize we ran only half as far as we thought. Then I'll have to tell Kris and D, "rememember that sucky run we did this morning but we thought we were so fast, well, we acutally have to fit in another sucky run this afternoon." You see, I map out our runs using a combo of the lakeshore path map, google maps and map my run. Usually everything is ok once I come back and re-check. Only had one bad occurrence of running too far vs. not enough.
Darren sported a new shaved "do" during our run this morning; he looks very sporty! Last night we all went to bed around 10:00. I didn't know D was planning on this as well but my goal was to try and get a good 7 hours of sleep so I wasn't falling asleep at the 3:00 hour. I did get in my 7 hours and I'mm hoping it makes a big difference. No Blanche Button sightings today....D says he's finally going to make a post on this blog and maybe he'll share the back story for Blanche that he came up with in his head.
I just want to give a shout out to the Minnesota Vikings and thank them for drafting Old Man Favre. Nathan Vasher is counting down the days for the Vikings Bears game. If anybody has a grand idea of getting my husband a Vikings Favre jersey, I strongly discourage this idea; it will never make it past the doorway of our house. Although D and I might like one, to poop on!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment