Welcome to the great adventure of Darren, Kris and Starrin's attempt to run the Chicago Marathon. It's August 12th (Happy Birthday Jeff) and the Marathon is October 11th. Don't be alarmed! We have been training for over 9 weeks and have 9 weeks left to go. I just started this blog now because at this point there is no turning back. We are in it to win it! Or, errr, finish. Our training thus far has been quite an adventure and I (Starrin) want to share it with our friends and family as we continue to have less and less time to spend with you all; you'll know why. And for those who know me, I usually have a lot to say about most things so why not this new huge thing in my life.
I'm kind of the group appointed leader/coach for the team (man, we need a team name). Not because I've done a marathon before or because I'm in the best shape (that award probably goes to Darren) but because I read the most and participate in numerous running forums. I love research and need to know all I can about what I'm doing. Plus it's like Survivor, I have to be the one to provide the fish, otherwise, the guys could leave me back at mile 3.
So this blog will cover our weekly runs, thoughts, perhaps some product reviews and hopefully some comments from our readers. I'm hoping D and Kris will contribute too!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment