Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Recap

I realized I didn't make one post this weekend. Perhaps because it was such a weird running week; rainy weather and what was kind of a short run of 12 miles. Kris, D and I ran a little bit of a different route on Saturday. We have only been as far south as Ohio St. Beach but when we hit that marker, we decided to keep going. I had my new Garmin watch on so we could afford to go off the plan (a biiiiig step for me) and still run the correct amount. So we ran to the "dirty south!" The stretch along Lake Shore Dr. was so dirty and dusty I felt like I would have to start yelling Marco Polo to find Kris and D. We turned around at the Museum Campus and figured out we could stay "low" on the path and run along the harbor. It basically felt like we were running through a war torn area with the potholes and cracks...this was no Foster Beach/Montrose cinder running trail. I guess we're North Siders until the end! It was nice to do a different route, but it was a little more "extreme running."

My feet and hips definitely felt better thanks to the little temporary insert the Doc put in my shoes...I'm kind of excited to get my orthotics! Does that sound kind of weird? I wonder if I'll be excited one day to get my knee replacement or the handle in the bath tub to make getting in and out a lot safer. Oh, the life of someone who used to be an athlete trying to claim this title again.

This should be one heck of a week. We have 4, 9, 5 and then....dunhdunhdunh 18! D said 18 is like how 15 was for me. I think I'm just in denial. I'm gonna throw this out there; we would LOVE to have people meet up with us on the trail and run some portions. We are nervous that we will run out of things to talk about! So, if you have some free time early this Saturday morning, we'd love to have you. Since I didn't post this weekend, I missed the shout out to our friend Jess M for her Birthday. Happy Birthday!

No comments: