For every run, Kris and I meet Darren at the corner of Racine and Fullerton. Usually, Darren is there first, I get there shortly after and Kris straggles behind ( I frequently call him "Gramma Mary" who was my frequenly extremely tardy grandmother). We are following Hal Higdon's Novice 1 running program: http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/novices.html and tomorrow morning we are supposed to meet at our spot at 6:15 to run our 4 miles (we are in week 10). As I write this, Darren is enjoying Margaritas with his brother at El Tapatio. Here's to hoping Darren is ready at 6:15 but he did let us know if he wasn't there to just run without him! It's really a 50/50 chance that D will be dressed in his running best...he's showed up for earlier runs with much more than margaritas fueling him.
On another note, I keep thinking about the 50+ year old lady zooming by us on the bike path this morning wearing a helmet and riding some little girls bike. It was pink, purple and just hovered over the ground. Her knees were touching her shoulders but she blew right by us. Perhaps her grandaughter stole her bike. She looked a little like Blanche from the Golden Girls.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment