Yick! What is with this weather? It is a gloomy rainy day here in Chicago and we didn't get our 8 in this morning as it was too rainy. All three of us have decided to do the 8 tomorrow morning and if it rains, we'll just have to deal. Of course, unless there is lightning. Maybe I'll have to do a search on google for some running ponchos! I really hate missing days of running. In my paranoid head, I think, "this could be the day I miss that causes me to not be able to finish the marathon." Not logical, I know, but I've never been much of a rule breaker. If the book says run 8 miles then I have to run 8 miles on this day, no matter what. I like my schedules and function much better in life when I know what's coming. That's not to say I'm not adaptable; I think I'm pretty level headed when things "come up," but I like to do what I can to prevent it. I think of my friend Stacy C who thrives on being flexible and I think would love a different schedule every day. Not me!
I just keep telling myself that an extra day of rest will help with my sore hamstring. The hot tub at the health club is calling my name.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment