I did actually take a couple of pictures from our 10 miler that I wanted to share with everyone.
The first picture is what my counter looks like about 1 1/2 hours before a long run. I make a bowl of instant oatmeal for Kris and me (two packets, he has maple brown sugar I have apple cinnamon) and we both have a banana. I drink a cup of coffee and some water and I can't be certain Kris actually drinks anything. He just eats standing up halfway sleeping. I also have our pretzels and gel packs laid out to take with us.
This next picture sums up the type of humor that engulfs most of our training runs. This is about 5:45 in the morning after picking up D at his house.

We often are treated to beautiful sunrises over the lake if we are up early enough. We have never been to Foster Beach quite this early and we were greeted by a gorgeous site.
Finally, here is a picture of the three of us after the race. We ended up putting long sleeve shirts on because it felt a little chilly about 10 minutes after we finished. I'm not sure if it was from the sweat drying, or what, but I actually had the chills.

I also want to share this great video I saw today on Runnersworld.com. It's a nice 4 minute animated clip and actual video of the Marathon Route. It might help you get a better understanding of where our 26.2 miles will take us.
No comments:
Post a Comment