Instead of days, it's now down to hours until we cross the start line for the 2009 Chicago Marathon. It's an indescribable feeling at this point. We've had a lot of excitement in our house today wit;h all of the amazing supportive phone calls, the delivery of the keg by D and his dad, a visit from my sister, mom and auntie and the ceremony braiding of my hair by my friend Sarah C. I also had some great chatter from old running buddies on my facebook page which brings me back to a lot of great memories!
Kris and I spent most of the day getting everything together; bibs on our shirts, chips on our shows and the fashion show Kris put on. He tried on his entire outfit just to make sure. He is bugging about the weather. I love seeing his excitement and it kind of puts me at ease. I would never have been able to get through this without him and if he's ready then I'm ready.
We will meet D at "our spot" at 5:15 in the am. I hope to see everyone on the streets tomorrow. "Pain is temporary, pride is forever!"
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Night! We love you! We'll be the ones with the 8 balloon!
xoxo
Britt and Mom
Way to go D, Kris and Starr!!!
Thanks so much for letting us be a part of your experience.
Dad-Kinser
Post a Comment