Tuesday, October 13, 2009
26.2; Hot or Not?
I delayed a little bit in posting my full marathon recap and I'm still not ready to put it out there. I need a little more reflection and time to remember it all. Right after I finished it was really such a blur. I could only truly recall three aspects of the race: 1) the pure joy I felt when we were in the coral waiting to start and then actually crossing the start line, 2) how excited I was each and every time we saw our friends and family on the course, 3) how horrible I felt from mile 13 to the finish. That was it! Those were the only thoughts that went through my head after I crossed the finish. Every couple of hours I start to remember more and more feelings and experiences that happened along the way so I'm slowly putting together my "recap." Like that website that was popular back when I was in college, I haven't really decided yet if my experience was Hot or Not! I do know that I'm elated to be a Marathon finisher. Finisher of training, finisher of pasta being shoved down my throat and finisher of aching feet. I do want to say,that each and everyone of our friends and family members that cheered us on was instrumental in me finishing the race. There are a million things that go through your head when you are running a marathon and at times, when it seemed so unbearable, a familiar face would appear or a thought of "I can't not finish when so and so came to cheer us on." Stay tuned for a recap that could need it's own post (see long).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment